Healthy Kidney with Blood Group ‘O’ Needed
14 year old Sunchee, has been diagnosed with an End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) and needs a healthy kidney to live a normal life. Criteria include:
- Less than 45 years of age
- Blood group ‘O’
What is Nephronophthisis?
Just a month away from his 13th birthday, Sunchee was diagnosed with nephronophthisis, a genetic disorder of the kidneys which affects children. This condition is imbibed by a gene (NPHP4) that Sunchit has inherited from both of his parents (1 in 922,000 probability in USA). The few symptoms he had – drinking excessive water, urinating a lot, feeling tired – combined with his genetic report and the MRI confirmed this diagnosis. His kidneys were failing by 80-85%, they were scarred and had a lot of small cysts. This means he was in End Stage Renal Disease.
Sunchee is 14 years old, born and raised in the DFW area.
He loves food, theater and band (he plays french horn).
He’s a total cowboys fan and watches all of their games – preferably with chips and homemade guac.
He loves to shoot some hoops with his friends and play ping pong whenever he gets a chance.
How You Can Help
1. Reach Out With Question
2. Share With Friends & Family
Share this website with friends and family who may be interested and qualify as a living donor.
Updates on Sunchee
- The Very BeginningLast week I had documented the day Sunchit was diagnosed with Nephronophthisis in the third week of May, however, the journey had started about 6 weeks earlier. Feb 23rd 2021 – I was checking Savita’s blood pressure with a friendsContinue reading “The Very Beginning”
- What is NephronophthisisMay 19th 2021 – The day we heard the news: “I know exactly what Sunchit has, I will tell you about it, I just need a last confirmation” said Dr. S with complete confidence in the recovery room where SunchitContinue reading “What is Nephronophthisis”
- Healthy Kidney with Blood group ‘O’ Needed…14 year old Sunchee, has been diagnosed with an End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). He needs a healthy kidney to live a normal life. If you know someone who is healthy and willing to spare their kidney, are less thanContinue reading “Healthy Kidney with Blood group ‘O’ Needed…”