Healthy Kidney with Blood Group ‘O’ Needed
14 year old Sunchee, has been diagnosed with an End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) and needs a healthy kidney to live a normal life. Criteria include:
- Less than 45 years of age
- Blood group ‘O’
What is Nephronophthisis?
Just a month away from his 13th birthday, Sunchee was diagnosed with nephronophthisis, a genetic disorder of the kidneys which affects children. This condition is imbibed by a gene (NPHP4) that Sunchit has inherited from both of his parents (1 in 922,000 probability in USA). The few symptoms he had – drinking excessive water, urinating a lot, feeling tired – combined with his genetic report and the MRI confirmed this diagnosis. His kidneys were failing by 80-85%, they were scarred and had a lot of small cysts. This means he was in End Stage Renal Disease.
Sunchee is 14 years old, born and raised in the DFW area.
He loves food, theater and band (he plays french horn).
He’s a total cowboys fan and watches all of their games – preferably with chips and homemade guac.
He loves to shoot some hoops with his friends and play ping pong whenever he gets a chance.
How You Can Help
1. Reach Out With Question
2. Share With Friends & Family
Share this website with friends and family who may be interested and qualify as a living donor.
Updates on Sunchee
- 15th revolution around the sunToday Sunchee completed 15 years of his life, in these 15 years, he has been a source of endless joy for everyone around him. I was thinking about why being around him is always so much fun. Then I realized,Continue reading “15th revolution around the sun”
- SuncheeA typical 14 year old boy, born and raised in DFW area is a fun loving kid who enjoys some regular things. He loves food, since, we are all vegetarians, he is one too. He likes to not just eatContinue reading “Sunchee”
- The Very BeginningLast week I had documented the day Sunchit was diagnosed with Nephronophthisis in the third week of May, however, the journey had started about 6 weeks earlier. Feb 23rd 2021 – I was checking Savita’s blood pressure with a friendsContinue reading “The Very Beginning”